Tetra Consulting Ltd
Contact Tetra on: 020 8875 0700
The Disability Discrimination Act puts the responsibility for access firmly on you and your company. But the regulations can be complex and hard to interpret. Tetra helps you assess your buildings for compliance and take steps to open up access to all.
Knowing up front where your building doesn't comply helps you budget for remedial action over a much longer period of time. The aim of our surveys is to establish the suitability of your buildings for all disabled people. The definition of disability is wide ranging and does not simply refer to those with impaired mobility.
Therefore, the survey needs to take into account all those who are defined as disabled under the Act.
The main scope of the survey includes:
- Suitability of emergency procedures.
- Provision of access ramps.
- Availability of appropriate toilet facilities.
- Ease of access to all floors.
- Suitability of passenger lifts.
- Width and ease of operation of doors suitability of door furniture.
- Parking facilities.
- Physical barriers.
- Suitability of signage.
- Access to tenanted areas.
- Public transport provision.